Sunday, October 24, 2010

NaNoWriMo: The Challenge to Finish

30 days to write 50,000 words. While I attempt this challenge every year, this year is different. I'm trying with a different spin. Unofficial NaNo - write to finish the novel I've been slaving over for four years. I've still got plot holes and unfinished characters and muddy waters in the way of description... but that's what December Edit Month is for, right? Hah.

So, in 30 days, I don't necessarily have to reach the 50k (though, that's roughly the length of the rest of the book, to be fair)... I have to complete the book. Which means I have to write furiously, and without much pause. There is so much to get through still, that my head is in a whirlwind. If I was more afraid of having dwindling mental health, I'd probably call a psychologist.

Still to come in Daniel is an important descent, a new friendship, a promise and a reminder. All of which are supremely important to the entire plot of the series... but also consequential to the end of this particular book.

It's all so exciting. :D Cannot wait to get this out there for people to love and hate. :D :D :D

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait till I have MoD, in my hands, as a published book. It's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete